Special Education Department
About Special Education
The Office of Special Education provides oversight and coordination of all special education services throughout the Sulphur Springs Union School District. This includes the identification, assessment, and services for all children, from age three through the sixth grade, who require the intensive intervention of special education in order to learn and benefit from their educational program. A wide array of programs and services are provided to students with handicapping conditions ranging from mild to severe disabilities.
The Office of Special Education also supports the students, families, and staff of the Sulphur Springs School District by providing the following:
- Coordination of preschool transition services for all toddlers under the age of three who have been identified as needing special education services
- Staff development opportunities for classified and certificated staff
- Coordination of all necessary student health services, both related and unrelated to special education
- Coordination of all school counseling services, both related and unrelated to special education
- Coordination of all behavior support services
The Office of Special Education is committed to providing the Sulphur Springs Union School District with the necessary support, direction, and expertise to ensure that all children with special needs receive an appropriate and effective educational program.
Parents/guardians can send questions to: firstname.lastname@example.orgSchool District official records requests send to: email@example.com